Colombia For Kids
Several sources of information have been developed which provide a wonderful reference about Colombia appropriate for school-aged children. In addition, many of the on-line encyclopedias offer excellent summaries of information which can be used for school reports or just general information.
- Colombian Embassy in the US is the website of the Colombian Embassy in the US with kid-friendly information about Colombia including its government, economy, national symbols, geography, climate, and population.
- The Other Look of Colombia is a privately developed website that promotes a positive image of Colombia including many facts about the country.
- ABCs About Colombia or Yo Creo En Colombia (“I believe in Colombia”) supplies a positive look at Colombia.
- Slideshow About Colombia is a slideshow about Colombia which can’t be accessed from the rest of the Yo Creo En Colombia website.
- Colombian Coffee Growers Association website includes the “Story of Colombian Coffee.”
- Emeralds in Colombia are included on the International Colored Gemstone Association website.
- Photos of Colombia.
- Photos of Colombia by Christopher Kirk include several pages of beautiful photos of Colombia by photographer Christopher Kirk.
- Colombian National Holidays are posted on the Colombia Embassy website.
- Welcome to my Country, Welcome to Colombia is a book about Colombia for young readers by Lim Bee Hong and Leslie Jermyn. Published by Gareth Stevens Publishing (2000), the book includes an overview of the history, geography, government, economy, people, and culture of Colombia. In addition to www.amazon.com, the book also can be found at other online booksellers.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.