Music, Entertainment, Dance, and the Arts
For the most current events in the Washington area, the local papers are the best source (The Washington Post and The Washington Times). Additionally, the Colombian Embassy website tries to highlight exhibits or concerts of interest involving Colombian artists. Here are a number of sources of information on Colombian cultural opportunities in the Washington area.
- The Washington Post online newspaper includes music, entertainment, and the arts.
- The Washington Times online newspaper.
- Colombian Embassy website with current local cultural events usually highlighted on the main page.
- Smithsonian Center for Latino Initiatives includes a list of Latino museum resources in Washington, DC and elsewhere. This site also includes links for events surrounding Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Arlington County Libraries website has a nice summary of information from on the local Hispanic Heritage events and resources.
- Art Museum of the Americas in Washington, DC offers changing exhibits of Latin American artists.
- Annual Latin American Film Festival in Washington, DC is sponsored by the Organization of American States.
- GALA Hispanic Theatre website in Washington, DC.
- Teatro De La Luna in Arlington, VA offers plays in Spanish by a range of South American authors.
- Fondo del Sol Visual Arts Center features Latin American artists.
- Latin Ballet, located in Richmond, VA offers a wide range of performances and classes of both traditional and contemporary Latin dancing.
Colombian folk dance troupe, El Tayrona, is located in Falls Church, VA, offers performances at local cultural events and has performed for Friends of FANA on several occasions. For more information, contact them at 703-623-7548.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.